Purchasing Agent I
|November 07, 2012 - November 17, 2012|
|Salary Range:||$36,453.13 ~ $47,389.07 ~ $58,325.01 annually|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||HART is currently accepting applications for a Purchasing Agent I. This position is responsible for the Purchase of goods, and services as required by the Authority in compliance with HART’s established purchasing policies and procedures. This is an entry-level position responsible for performing routine purchasing duties under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Procurement and Contract Administration.|
|Duties:||• Purchase inventory parts and supplies; requisitions office supplies based on computer reports or Senior Manager’s assignment; contacts vendors on back-ordered items based on computer report.|
• Maintain Fleet Status Report and Bulk Fluid Report as prescribed by the Agency.
• Assist in maintaining the Open Requisition Report.
• Obtains prices and prepares purchase orders for inventory and non-inventory parts, supplies and services.
• Issues Request for Quotations (RFQs) for inventory and non-inventory parts, supplies, and services; prepares tabulation sheets for review by the Sr. Manager of Procurement and Contract Administration
• Reviews request for price changes/adjustments submitted by the Accounting Department and coordinates the same with appropriate vendors.
• Maintains all record pertaining to the history of each purchase order.
• Corresponds with vendors for return of defective or unwanted parts and supplies.
• Analyzes requests for reclamation of parts; selects appropriate vendors from established vendor list.
• Participates in physical inventory of vehicle parts.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• One (1) to five (5) years of experience in purchasing of commodities, materials, equipment and/or supplies.|
• Associate’s Degree in related field or two years of related field experience for each year of college.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Purchasing, Inventory, and Material Management certifications and designations preferred.
Preference is given to eligible veterans, and spouses of eligible veterans, with proper documentation. Drug Free, Safe Workplace & EOE. Participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) after qualifying period of employment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.