Paratransit Van Operator
|April 16, 2013 - April 26, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||HART is accepting applications from individuals who can provide door-to-door transportation for people with qualifying disabilities. This position provides safe and timely operation of HART paratransit vans. HART Van Operators observe all state and local traffic laws and all safety rules and adheres to time schedules. Van Operators provide courteous service and excellent customer service. This position reports to Dispatch.|
|Duties:||• Transports persons with disabilities within the times designated on manifest sheets. |
• Picks up and drops off passengers to their destinations safely and on time.
• Operates special needs equipment as requested and/or required.
• Operates various types of Paratransit vehicles utilizing defensive driving techniques according to guidelines established by the authority.
• Answers passengers’ questions relative to HARTPlus service and fares utilizing various modes of communication such as face-to-face interchanges or brochures.
• Develops HART ridership by exhibiting courteous behavior and adhering to the manifest.
• Collects and accounts for customer fares.
• Reports to Dispatch and picks up pre-departure slips, manifest sheets, vehicle assignment, and other related materials.
• Starts vehicle, checks and adjusts equipment, inspects vehicle for unreported damage; performs pre-departure inspection as required by the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Communicates to Dispatch customer no-shows and operational issues.
• Prepares factual and concise accident and incident reports and submits same to Dispatch as required.
• Reports mechanical defects, road hazards, vehicle or equipment malfunctions, and other service related concerns per the Authority’s policies and procedures.
• Conducts special surveys, passenger counts and distributes company information as needed.
• Operates all various types of wheelchair lifts and securement systems.
• Operates service for HARTFlex routes as needed.
• Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• One year of experience operating an eight-passenger van is preferred.|
• High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate is required.
• Florida Driver’s License (Class E) and clean driving record is required.
• Some knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act regulations.
Starting pay rate is $12.16 per hour.
All positions @ HART include a great benefits package including participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS). Preference is given to eligible veterans, and spouses of eligible veterans, with proper documentation. Drug Free, Safe Workplace & EOE.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.